AUCKLAND FERRY BASIN
Black Quay delivered the initial assessment and planning for the regeneration of the Auckland Ferry Terminal.
The terminal interacts with cruise visitation to Auckland, which includes some of the worlds largest cruise vessels. Both commuter ferry use and cruise passenger visits to Auckland are experiencing high growth and the current infrastructure will be unable to cope. Black Quay‘s work was the first step towards the development of a new ferry basin that safely and efficiently accommodates both cruise and ferry growth, and included fleet forecasting, passenger needs assessments and infrastructure needs analysis across the terminal, along with vessel interaction studies and berth planning.
- Strategic ferry terminal and berth planning
- Operational ferry terminal planning
- Cruise ship interaction and navigation analysis
- Governmental stakeholder management
- Vessel to vessel modelling
- Infrastructure needs assessment