Black Quay takes the protection of your personal information obtained through use of this site seriously, and below you will find information and details on how we intend to manage this.
This policy explains how Black Quay uses your personal data and any rights you may have.
Who we are
Black Quay is a registered Australian engineering consulting company with business interests in Australia, the US and the UK.
Our primary registered business address is:
Black Quay Maritime Consulting Pty Ltd
2 Codrington Street
What we Collect
Black Quay may collect and process in particular the following categories of personal data:
- Your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, IP address, mobile device identifier.
- Your business details and activities, feedbacks and comments, and any other information you may provide to us.
- Information collected from 3rd party and public sources.
- Information on your preferences and interests based on how you use our website and the information you search for and/or obtain from it.
- Other information required for legal and compliance purposes.
What we use your Data for
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Maintaining and protecting our website
- Maintaining and protecting the security of our services and systems
- Detecting and preventing security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities.
- Complying with our legal obligations
- Informing you of our services or business undertakings to the extent permissible by local law
- Contributing to our right to exercise legal actions or defence against them
- Contributing to our relationship with you in the case where a contractual agreement exists.
In addition, we may use your personal data for the following purposes on the basis of your express consent to do so:
- Undertaking marketing campaigns, analysis and/or surveys
- Provide specific and targeted information on our business relationship
- Communicating with you on a sporadic or regular basis to inform you of any events, undertakings or services which may be of interest to you.
How we collect your data (via this website)
Black Quay does not collect data from 3rd party sources. Only data and information obtained through your use of this site is collected.
How we protect your data
Who we share data with
We may share your personal data as follows:
- Internally through our other Black Quay offices to extent allowable under applicable law.
- To legal authorities and entities including courts, law enforcement and legal representatives if legally permitted and required to do so in the case of legal actions by us or against us.
- With credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention or to collect debts.
Black Quay’s website is not specifically designed to attract children under 16 years of age and we do not intentionally collect data and information on anyone under this age.
Given the nature of web access, we are not always aware of the age of users of our site and are not responsible should children under 16 years of age access the site. If we become aware that information and data held by us relates to a child under this age, we will make reasonable effort to gain parental consent before processing this.
If you are under 16 and using this site, please ensure that you obtain parental consent to provide your personal information and data.
How long do we hold personal data
There is no applied limit to the time we hold your personal data. Data is held for the time required to provide the information on our services and undertakings as outlined in our website. If you have requested to unsubscribe to our communications, we will hold your data for as long as necessary to comply with your request.
Your right to object
You have the right to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes as outlined above, which is described further below.
Marketing emails and phone calls from us will only be provided to you upon your agreement (where and when we are legally obliged to obtain such agreement). We will also provide you with the opportunity to unsubscribe to the receipt of marketing material.
Your legal rights
Subject to certain legal conditions you may:
- Request access to a copy of information and data held by us on you (you may be charged for this if you repeatedly ask for it)
- Request that data and information on you is adjusted or updated if you believe that it is out of date
- Object to the processing of information and data held by us on you or request portability
- Complain about our responsiveness to your requests to an appropriate and legally recognised authority.
Official proof of identity will be required for any requests regarding changes or your legal rights and police checks may be involved.
Updating this policy
© 2018 Black Quay Consulting. All rights reserved